Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Kid

  • Kitten starts gymnastics class tonight. Or, as she calls it, "gymtaskits." She is very excited, even though she can't wear a skirt.
  • The other day, as I was getting her ready in the morning, she said to me, completely out of the blue, "Mommy... you're a good mommy." Yes, I melted. I turned into a little puddle of mom.
  • She's also been copping some serious attitude with me lately, saying things like "Whatever, MOM," and "Just LEAVE ME ALONE!" Did I miss something? Did ten years go by and I not realize it yet? If so, my, she's awfully short. Perhaps I should take her to a doctor.
  • 7 comments:

    RILAH said...

    don't worry, soon, she'll be talking about you to her therapist and you'll have a wonderful, non-attitude-infested in-person relationship. cuz she'll tell the doc everything!

    i'm just kidding/looking forward to it myself.

    taylor said...

    you are a good mommy.

    Stacey said...

    I'm not sure how old Kitten is, but my four year old SON has already picked up "o-KAY, Mom" and other various rude 14 year old phrases. I feel your pain.

    The Chicago-Minneapolis Connection said...

    Well, all I can say is that Capone (my pug) will sometimes look at me then walk away while leaving a cloud of pug gas in my midst. That's all I've got.

    Nice pictures. :) I see you put up a smear-faced one of your Karaoke adventure.

    When you gonna send me some pictures, dammit?!

    Love.

    Timmy said...

    awww - a puddle of mom.

    indygirl said...

    Be careful, puddles of mom are known to stain.

    Do you have a hard time not laughing when she says that stuff?

    gusgreeper said...

    my mom won't let me call her mommy so that is just awesome puddle it up.