Monday, December 18, 2006

Brief Notes from the Weekend

This is my new favorite picture. It's a graffiti tooth.

When I was in Chicago, I...
  • stayed in a hotel with a painted cow statue in the lobby.
  • overheard a homeless man have a seizure in the street below our room window.
  • forgot my coat.
  • just barely made it to the Gogol show because we were running "fashionably late."
  • was given generous doses of whiskey by the bartenders.
  • danced. my. ass. off.
  • went walking by myself around Lincoln Park. it was beautiful until...
  • got lost and took a cab back to the hotel.
  • had the best complimentary breakfast ever.
  • watched the food network.
  • grossed my companions out with sweet potato fries. twice.
  • bought a new coat.
  • burned my mouth with a habanero pepper.
  • 6 comments:

    ads510 said...

    sweet potato fries are GOOD. and so are sweet potato chips. mmm....

    was it cold up in chicago? unfortunately it was 70 frickin' degrees down here. stupid global warming.

    indygirl said...

    Sounds like fun! Well, except for the homeless guy's seizures.

    aughra said...

    so cool. Would you believe I live in Detroit and have never been to Chicago?

    aughra said...

    your word verification said 'nig' and 'bj'.

    gigi said...

    i love every single variation of sweet potatoes.

    aughra, you're crazy. go to chicago!

    beeeeejay.

    it was fun times, indeed.

    Timmy said...

    mmmm sweet potato fries!!


    sounds like an awesome trip!!