Friday, November 17, 2006

Weird.

I had a really fucked-up dream early this morning.
I had a dream that I was at the Academy Awards. I was Katie Holmes' personal assistant, and I was there to accept an award on her behalf. Peter Boyle was the presenter of the award, some lifetime achievement thing. I was wearing a champagne-colored dress. Manny was sitting next to me. I had a really painful loose tooth - my top left canine. It was bugging the shit out of me, and I kept poking at it with my tongue. Right as Peter Boyle motioned for me to come up onto the stage to accept Katie's award, I yanked the tooth out of my mouth. I had to - it hurt so bad. The pain was gone, but I was afraid there would be blood everywhere. Manny looked at me and said, "No blood! You look perfect, and no one will ever notice!"
And then I woke up. The dream felt so real that I actually had to check when I woke up to see if my tooth was still there.

5 comments:

Timmy said...

I love dreams like that!

aughra said...

I had a very strange sex dream that involved underage twins the other night.

indygirl said...

I hear tooth-themed dreams are very common, although I believe the context of yours was quite original. :)

SFChick74 said...

I've had dreams were all of my teeth fall out. In fact, I've dreamt about spitting them out. It's usually because I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep.

Stacey said...

I have the exact same dream as sfchick...and I am a tooth grinder. Interesting.