Friday, November 10, 2006

It's the End of the Week As We Know It

It's been a good week! Well, really, after the Democratic takeover of the House and the Senate, I don't think much could have brought me down. I'll take a break from my political posting and just halfass it with my usual Friday Five.

1) If you had to move 100 miles or more to the north, east, west, or south, which would you choose, where would you end up, and what's so great about there?
Thankfully this says "100 miles or more," because if it was just 100, I'd opt-out of this question. There is nothing remotely interesting about the middle of Illinois, mid-northern, southern, or eastern Indiana. I would go 230 miles northeast to Chicago. Chicago is so great BECAUSE IT'S CHICAGO. I love big cities.
2) Do you have a favorite stretch of highway or byway for driving, touring, or wandering?
Interstate 76 through Pennsylvania. I'd take this road on trips to New Jersey to visit my family, and although it's a long trip, it's so beautiful.
3) Are you happier to start a trip or return home?
The trip home, although it always seems longer, is one I'm generally happier to start.
4) Plane, train, automobile, bicycle, or foot?
Automobile. I love the thrill of going to the airport and flying, but I am still a very skittish plane passenger. I've not traveled by train enough to appreciate it, I haven't rode a bicycle a considerable distance since I was a kid, and I'm just lazy when it comes to walking.
5) Do you overplan or underplan your travels?
I generally underplan, because it leaves room for spontanaeity.

No comments: