Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

I am a really thankful person. There are so many people, things, and events that have shaped who I am, and I've had more lucky breaks than I probably deserve. Don't think I don't know it. If I tried to make a complete, cohesive list, it would take forever and never be finished. So I'll condense it a bit.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that at the top of the list are Manny, Kitten, C-Rex, and all my wonderful family and friends (real-world, blog-world, and work-world). You people are the absolute best. I love you so much!

Then I'd say my house. For the first time in a long time, I'm living somewhere that actually feels like home. And I have good appliances!

Next would be my job. For years I had a string of shitty jobs that made me dread going to work every day. Now I don't. Hooray!

Everything else on the list is in no particular order: coffee, anti-depressants, e-mail, Internet comics and satire news sites, crossword puzzles, the kindness of others, makeup, Netflix, Sharpie markers, digital cameras, wine, Jon Stewart, the new vending machines at work, NPR, Clorox disinfecting wipes, our friends at the Irish Lion, cinnamon gum, my happy childhood, finding a doctor that actually listens to me, good schools, Britpop, blackberry jam, fake bacon, sunglasses, Real Simple magazine, Wikipedia, and nightlights.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your list! Hope you had a great day!

SFChick74 said...

They should call fake bacon facon.