Wednesday, November 08, 2006

D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y Spells Relief

I promise I won't gloat, at least not much, but if you make the assumption that I am ecstatic over the Democrats' sweeping victory of the House of Representatives, you would be very correct. When I read the news last night, I cried. I really did. My congratulations go out to the winners, especially Baron Hill, Joe Donnelly, and Brad Ellsworth of Indiana. Help fix things, guys. We need change, we need it badly, and we need it now.

I am holding my breath and refreshing my browser as I anxiously watch CNN for the results of the Senate. Come on, Democrats in Montana and Virginia...

Oh, and also, my congratulations go out to Britney Spears. You're better off without that douche bag, and only you could momentarily detract attention away from politics on Election Day.

5 comments:

gusgreeper said...

i still can't believe she did it on election day.
i checked CNN yelled out a big WOOOOO HOOOO well actually it was about a half hour ago i may have woken up the building!!
stupid mrs e. she only gets ugly sleep anyway.

Stacey said...

Amen, sister! Woooooooooo! Awesome day for the democrats. And add Claire McCaskill to your list...she pulled it out for Missouri.

aughra said...

Yes, Virginia, there is a MAJORITY!!

Woo! See what I did there?

Timmy said...

I concur.

Mark said...

You and I think alike. At 1:40 in the morning, I had been reloading CNN.com/election for hours and finally decided to hit the sack. I'm so stoked, and even Rumsfeld is gone! What could be better?