Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm a Sucker

Everyone, this is Mr. Wig. Say hello.
One afternoon last week, I went to Starbucks for a coffee. While waiting for my drink, I was looking through the new fall/Halloween merchandise they had set out. I came across a bin of the cutest plush creatures I have ever seen. There were three different kinds, each looking like something straight out of Monsters, Inc., one of my favorite kid movies. I knew the girls would love them, so I got one of each and let them pick what they wanted. Kitten picked out the monster picture above and christened it "Wig," which later became "Mr. Wig." Please don't ask me why she named him this, but it's very cute and very funny.
Anyway, last Friday, when her dad picked her up, she wanted to take Mr. Wig with her, and I obliged. I started regretting that last night. She wouldn't go to sleep, didn't want to stay in bed, and began crying for Mr. Wig. "I want my Wiggy!" she wailed inconsolably.
So yes. At 10 PM last night, I drove to Starbucks and bought not a coffee but a small, stuffed, plush, one-eyed monster.

5 comments:

Timmy said...

you are such an awesome Mommy!

indygirl said...

I hope you are keeping a tab so that you can bill her for her upbringing on her 18th birthday. It's only fair.

Stacey said...

I saw those at Starbucks too. But if I'd had to go back for Mr. Wig, I would have totally gotten a frappuccino too. But that's just me.

aughra said...

You are a good mother.

Johnny said...

Dear Wife, Mother, Ninja.

I'm Dad and Intergalactic Chairman.

Thanks so much for your posting of Mr. Wig...I so appreciate it as I've got a major problem.

I've been scouring the web for Mr. Happy. Who is Mr. Happy? Mr. Happy is Mr. Wigs brother.

Let me explain....

Last year, I divorced from my wife and have custody of my two sons. At the time of our separation, we bought the same one eyed monster at Starbucks and my son who is 7 named his new friend, Mr. Happy. Needless to say, in this time of transition, we've been through quite a bit and Mr. Happy has been right along side all of us....sometimes his little goofy look has kept us all going. (I guess that is the job of someone named "Mr. Happy")

Then, last week, we lost Mr. Happy in San Clemente at Sonny's Pizza. We've called repeatedly but still no Mr. Happy. My son has been so sad...My son, Sean, has told me --now no mom and no Mr. Happy. He hasn't been the same since.

I'm so hoping that maybe you have two Mr. Wigs now since you bought a second one.Did you find your second Mr. Wig?? Please say yes!!!

I've emailed Starbucks and no luck..I've been searching the web...no luck. Then we found your post....

Maybe you can't help but atleast you posted a picture of Mr. Wig and that picture has given my son, Sean, some hope.

Thanks!

All the Best,
John