Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Makes Love, Not War

Hooray, it's Friday!
Blogger's been a bitch today, so I would have posted this sooner, but whatevs.
I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing yardwork and refrigerator-defrosting. And on Sunday,Manny and I get to go see The Producers, which should be a good show.
So, without any further adieu, here are my Friday Five. They are technically last week's, since this week's haven't been posted yet.

1. What job do you have, and why do you like/hate it?
I am a graphic designer for a publishing company. I make cover artwork for books. I actually really like my job, and I'm not just saying that because I'm paranoid that my blog is read by work-people. It's been the first job I've had that I don't hate outright, and although I'd much rather be doing other things during the day, I don't mind being at work.
2. As a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
What didn't I want to be? I went through so many different phases... a mermaid, a ballerina, a writer, an actress, a pediatrician, a veterinarian, an art teacher, a tornado-chaser...
3. Is the job you have now anything like what you imagined as a kid?
Absolutely not, which is kind of funny. My job now is nothing like I pictured I'd be doing five years ago. It just kind of came out of the blue and fit perfectly.
4. Do you have a five-year career plan?
Not a well-mapped out plan, but I'd like to be doing about the same thing... just getting paid more!
5. In order to get the job of your dreams, is there anything you wouldn't do? Why?
I'm not going to have sex with anyone in order to work from home. In fact, I don't even know how that would quite work out.

2 comments:

indygirl said...

Don't forget that mathematician phase you went through.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate that "where do you see yourself in five years" thing. It has to be the stupidest interview question ever.