Thanks to Corinna for the rad socks, and thanks to Rilah for the very sweet card. You Canadians are awesome.
My dearest Manny gave me an excellent book on typography, because I am a big nerd like that.
Here is a photo of the cake presented to me by my friends Lori and George. It is very appropriate, I think.
So thanks again, everyone!
Now, it's time for the Friday Five:
1. Given a choice, and imagining that money and time were no object, would you rather cook dinner, eat out or order in?
Once upon a time, I would have said "go out to eat," but I'm kind of lazy and domesticated now, and I would prefer to stay at home with my unrestricted-by-the-bounds-of-time-and-money meal, so I could enjoy it in my pajamas.
2. What is the most elaborate meal you've ever prepared yourself or purchased at a restaurant?
Hmmm... well... considering that I am an "appetizer for my meal" kind of girl, anything other than that is pretty elaborate for me. Once, though, Manny and I went to a fancy Italian restaurant for a romantic evening, and we had the works - appetizer, full meal, wine, and dessert. That's a pretty big deal for me.
3. What food do you find yourself making and/or eating way too much?
4. What was your most disastrous cooking/eating out experience?
Pretty much every time I've ever tried to use a crockpot. I am crockpot-retarded.
5. Would you rather cook for someone else or have them cook for you?
I like to cook! I'll cook for you!