Monday, August 21, 2006

Some Things

So yeah, the site is looking pretty minimalistic, I know. But I like it. I just need things to feel cleaner. It's just part of my quasi-annual attempt to declutter and organize my life.

Anyway. I'm working on designing some sort of header-type-image... I can do the design, but I don't think I know how to put it on the blog. Can someone help me?

Here's what I did this weekend:

  • Saw Snakes on a Plane with Manny. Yes, it was dumb, but it was totally great.
  • Decided that our wedding is going to be held at the Irish Lion, and we're going to be the first couple to actually be married there. It just seems right - it's a place that holds fond memories for Manny and me. Now, I just have to find the number for the local bagpiper(ist?) and ask him if he can play "Love Will Tear Us Apart," by Joy Division.
  • Visited with the Illustrious IndyGirl and her Farmer. They stopped by for a visit, we went out to dinner, and then we came home and took quizzes from Tiger Beat magazine. Really.
  • Got up early on Sunday and took C-Rex to the new cereal restaurant in town. It is amazing. 30 different kinds of cereal!!! And toppings! And four different kinds of milk! And coffee! And homemade peanut butter! And they have boardgames! After our delicious breakfast, we played a round of Candyland. It was a great morning.

    Also, just a note, in the days to come, I am intending to "roll out" a second blog. It will be a subsidiary of All Grown Up. Actually, it will just be a place to house my lists. I'm a rabid listmaker. I make lists of lists.
  • 6 comments:

    Stacey said...

    Oh, lists of LISTS! ME TOO! We are kindred spirits! Heehee :)

    indygirl said...

    I'm very excited about the development in wedding plans. It will be great.

    I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time as we did with those quizzes. Fun!

    indygirl said...

    You're also just rabid.

    aughra said...

    Wedding plans do sound great. There should be a spot in your template where you can plug in a flickr image. You just need to fudge around with the size.

    G'luck.

    SFChick74 said...

    If you switch to the beta version of blogger, it makes it somewhat easier to put a header image thingy up there. It took me a few tries, but I figured it out. Although, mine is far from professional looking.

    SFChick74 said...

    This is a great site for free fonts: Da Font