Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Days

Tomorrow, my soon-to-be-step-daughter, C-Rex (nicknamed so here for her love of dinosaurs), will embark on her first day of the thirteen-year-long adventure that is known as "the public school system."

Luckily for us, as her parental figures, she gets to be a pioneer student for our district's first year with all-day kindergarten. Which is besides the point.

Anyway, tomorrow morning, I'll be accompanying C and her mom to her first day of school (complete with complimentary "parents' coffee"), where I'll be alternatingly excited (field trips! programs! book orders!) and slightly misty-eyed (I've been around since she was two years old, and she's growing up so fast!).

In honor of her first day, here are photos of myself and Manny on our first days of kindergarten, in 1988 and 1979, respectively.

10 comments:

indygirl said...

You two look like brother and sister!!!

gigi said...

ha ha ha ha no.

SFChick74 said...

Manny and I started school the same year.

Seems like only yesterday...

ads510 said...

manny looks like he was ready to kick some ass on his first day of school!

indygirl said...

Manny is always ready to kick some ass.

Timmy said...

box kicking is more fun!

The Cold War said...

I've just noticed that I do look a bit like a young Chuck Norris in that photo, getting ready to throw a roundhouse kick or something...

gigi said...

do you kick and do you punch with your hands and your feet?

popfizz said...

you sure it wasnt pre-ninja school?

The Cold War said...

Indeed, I do kick and I punch with my hands and my feet....