Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Feeling Fine

I am feeling much, much better today. Turns out, not only was I in a ferocious mood, but I was sick, too. Still kind of am, but not nearly as bad as I was yesterday. I went home early from work, watched Kate and Leopold and fell asleep for a while. I also took some good immune system-boosting vitamins and went to bed early.

Yesterday evening, Kitten was sitting at the dining room table with Manny, working on some pages from her Little Critter workbook. One exercise had her choose which pictures began with the sound of a certain letter. This is how I know my daughter is very bright. For the letter L, there was a picture of a lock. "Key!" she guessed. "Nope, try again," said Manny. "Hmmm... PRISON!" she exclaimed. For the letter K, there was a picture of a pig wearing a crown to symbolize a king. Stating the obvious, Kitten immediately declared him a "pig queen!"

5 comments:

indygirl said...

K would be a fun "Taboo" game partner. But I would get to hold the buzzer.

ads510 said...

pig matriarchy rules!

Stacey said...

Pig queen...hahahaha! I always wondered what my kindergarteners were thinking when they looked at the pictures on the alphabet cards!

Timmy said...

they always do, state the obvious. its quite hilarious, always.

mjd said...

Although Mercer Mayer is the best, I like Kitten's answers. May the Pig Queen live a long and prosperous life?