Friday, August 11, 2006

Cherry Blossom Girl

What I Did This Week:

Worked. Went to the gym. Tanned my flesh. Sweated a lot. Worked again. Went bowling. Combined jelly beans and beer, which was disgusting. Worked some more. Had the move-out inspection for my former apartment. Discovered that I love Vegetable Thins crackers. Went to the grocery. Took a walk with Kitten. Watched the high school marching band practice. Watch Kitten dance to their slightly unorganized musical performance. Cancelled my subscription to Jane magazine, because I don't know if I really like it that much anymore. Gave up on reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves because as much as I love correct punctuation and grammar, I don't know that I really like reading about it. Worked yet again. Got angry at the insurance company. Thought about getting a haircut. Began to consider what kind of car I'll be getting to replace my horribly broken one. Decided I really like Ned Lamont, and I'm really glad he won. Free pizza. Got a sitter for Kitten. Went out to dinner with Manny, watched Jeopardy! Realized that I might be the depressed one, or maybe it's just summer. Came to work - surprise! Sat in the parking lot listening to a story on NPR about people rebuilding their home that was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Won a $10 Starbucks gift card. Talked about my childhood and dead friends with co-workers. Had to turn my space heater on because it's so damn cold in my office. Started blogging.

4 comments:

taylor said...

http://counterpunch.com/marsh08102006.html

They're all the same...

Timmy said...

the leser of the two evils.

aughra said...

I'm not sure about LaMont - what is his platform, other than being antiwar? I mean, antiwar is super, but what else?

I hate Jane now, and cancelled my subscription. And I loved Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

indygirl said...

Action packed!