Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday Blahs

I've got 'em, big time. I was feeling good this morning, gettin' shit done, all wide awake, but then I went to lunch, and now I just feel like staring out the window for the rest of the day.

Tonight, I need to go to the laundromat. This will be the last time I have to lug anything out of the house to be washed in what I'm hoping will be forever, or at least for a very long time. I know I've said before that I like going, but the novelty wore off quickly, and I think I'll survive without it.

This is the last week I'll be subjected to the Chevrolet commercial featuring Taylor Hicks, who is, in my opinion, not America's Hottest Bachelor. When we move into the new house, it will be ixnay on the cable tv, which is mostly a relief. I am, however, going to miss Jeopardy! and Seinfeld, and the commercials for Red Stripe beer, and any show involving Adrianne Curry and Chris Knight, because they're one Hollywood couple I actually like.

Oh, I just want to crawl under my desk and sleep. Actually, on second thought, it's very dirty and dusty beneath my desk, so I probably shouldn't do that.

9 comments:

ads510 said...

i'm glad i'm not the only one who enjoys a bit of "my fair brady"...I don't know why I love them, but I do.

and i salute you for getting rid of the cable, as much as I would love to, I know that I never could, as I am addicted to bad television.

ads510 said...

and by the way, i fucking hate taylor hicks...with a fiery passion. he looks like jay leno and sounds like michael macdonald, and I could really do without either of them.

gigi said...

a)taylor hicks has a shitty voice and a face like a cartoon.
b)no, i don't think his grey hair gives him a certain "dashing charm." it makes him look old.
c)how on earth could i possibly look down on a witty, gorgeous girl who made it her absolute goal to hook up with a former brady?

rilah said...

we got rid of our cable about 8 months ago. it took about a week to get used to it. now, we don't miss it at all.

we're still not used to people's faces when they ask if we saw something on cable and we respond that we don't have it. it's a look that simultaneously incorporates shock, horror and "poor you, you have no money."

SFChick74 said...

Are you getting a satellite? I love my DirecTV. Cable is a rip off if you ask me.

Personally, I'm one of those people who can't imagine life without television. I'm not glued to it, but not having television is almost like not having electricity or running water.

indygirl said...

You're going to get so much more accomplished without that demon!

Jay Leno is even sexier than Taylor Hicks, and that ain't saying much.

Timmy said...

Indy: GROSS! Jay Leno? No way man!

Everyone: I agree, Taylor Hicks sucks ass.

indygirl said...

Yes Tim. Hence the "that ain't saying much" part of my comment.

fatrobot said...

why don't you write a soft rock ballad on how you feel?