Monday, July 17, 2006

Living Out of Boxes

The big move is 90% finished. There are still some random things lying about the old apartment, but nearly everything is in the new house.

We started moving at 10 AM on Saturday morning, and were finished with the big things by around 2 PM. If it weren't for our collection of moving assistants (my dad, Manny's crazy mother and stepfather, Manny's brother and sister-in-law, and our buddy Beetle), this would have taken us a week or so. There were no major disasters, aside from Manny's mom driving everyone insane with her incessant harping and jabbering. I did nearly bite a big chunk out of my tongue on Sunday, but that has nothing to do with moving. It still hurt like hell, though.

I'm trying to adjust to house life... there's so much I still have to figure out, like trash stickers and recycling bins and pulling weeds and keeping the yard looking nice in general and being sociable with the neighbors. But it's wonderful to have space and a fresh start and new furniture and a washer and dryer.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can find my digital camera dock...

7 comments:

ads510 said...

it sounds like you and i were living parallel lives on saturday. i feel like we will NEVER be unpacked and I hate not knowing where everything is.

And I feel you on the "house" issues...I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't really ready for this whole grown up world of having a yard to mow, and our own maintenance to do...weird.

gusgreeper said...

glad to hear the move went well.
sorry you almost ate your own tongue.

indygirl said...

I can't wait to see the new place! You will be unpacked in no time.

Timmy said...

YAY for you! I am happy for you pumpkin!

rilah said...

woohoo!!!! i'm so excited for you! and the house stuff will come to you - kinda like motherhood and stuff, you know? just always be sure to have cookies in the house, for those "welcoming neighbors" that are really coming to check y'all out (that way, you'll always be known as the cool chick with cookies)!

aughra said...

And a lawn for the girls!!

SFChick74 said...

Congratulations on the new home!