Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Four Things

1. Rilah had her baby! Hooray! It's a girl!
2. A stranger followed me into my office parking lot this morning simply to tell me that I had a brake light out. Thanks, dude. I already knew that.
3. Saturday evening, while in Wal-Mart, another stranger -a man- asked me to help him find the kind of tampons his girlfriend was wanting. He actually asked me to talk to her on his cell phone. So I did. And we found them. It was weird.
4. I was shopping at Plato's Closet yesterday, and usually they just play crap pop radio. But for some reason, they were playing Prince's Purple Rain, which was totally fine. That is until the song "Darling Nikki" came on, it was great to see the horrified looks on the faces of the mothers who were shopping with their young daughters. Absolutely hilarious.

6 comments:

ads510 said...

Gotta love some old school prince. I had completely forgotten about that song...I guess I need to pull out purple rain!

indygirl said...

Mr Stranger from #2 was hoping you wouldn't pull into the parking lot, but your shielded-from-the-main-road-long-rural driveway where he could commence to murdering.

aughra said...

Hee! I like that the stranger was trying to save you a ticket. And I praise the guy who was trying to please his girlfriend. And Darling Nikki? That's what caused Tipper Gore to start the PMRC. Remember those advisories? All because Nikki was masturbating in a hotel lobby.

SFChick74 said...

Tipper saw the devil on the MTV.

Timmy said...

Indy! I cant believe you think such things. Paranoid much?

indygirl said...

Life is about survival Tim. We're all just mammals. Face the grim facts or before you know it you'll get eaten by a bear. Or a demented molester. Whatever.