Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Whoops! I Forgot to Talk About My Weekend

Yes, I know it's Wednesday, but it's never too late to tell you how I ended up taking this picture:

So Saturday afternoon, Manny, C-Rex, and I went to Manny's dad's wedding. This is marriage number three for both the bride and the groom. At this particular wedding (in a church, mind you), the bride wore a bold lavender pantsuit, one of the ushers wore jeans with his suit jacket, and the minister wore a rainbow-colored scarf. There were tie-dyed banners all over the church, and the reception punch tasted like peach Nehi. All this makes it sound like a kind of interesting, hippie-type affair, but it so wasn't... it all reeked of tradition, except for everything I've mentioned above... it was very strange.

2 comments:

indygirl said...

Cleanliness is godliness...

SFChick74 said...

Bizarre. Maybe God liked the bright colors and wanted everyone to be comfortable instead of stylish?