Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bad Ideas In Big Bowls

You know how it seems like every "new" item on the Taco Bell menu is just a combination of pretty much the same thing? Meat, beans, cheese, rice, bread product?

Well now, KFC is following suit, only they've decided to just throw everything they make together in one big, giant bowl. Seriously, I saw this on a commercial last night. I don't remember the official name, but it's something like KFC's Hot Bowls. It's - get this - a layer of mashed potatoes, a layer of corn, a layer of fried chicken strips, topped with gravy and shredded cheese.

Take a minute to let that sink in.

Seriously, the only thing missing from that concoction is cole slaw. And a biscuit. Oh, and a li'l bucket parfait.

Not only does it sound bad, but it looked completely repulsive in the commercial. As Manny put it, "Why don't they just call it the KFC slop bucket?"

What's really disturbing, though, is that I have the feeling that if I was pregnant, I'd be craving this. Ew.

8 comments:

indygirl said...

Mmmm... slop!

ads510 said...

are we really that lazy that we need to spare ourselves the energy of taking multiple bites so we just throw it all in one? gross!

aughra said...

I saw that commercial, too, and vomited a bit in my mouth.

Timmy said...

Taco Bell and KFC are the same company. That would explain the same idea that we love slop in a bowl. gross!

Nölff said...

You may think that's nasty, but that sounds pretty damn good to me

IDigHootchAndCootch said...

Why wont they throw in some chicken skin - thats the best part.

Actually, the chiken skin should come in a bucket all by itself.

Lets go!! Get with the program Colonel Sanders.

SFChick74 said...

It sounds like the trifle that Rachel made on Friends.

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds yummy to me! That's what I do every Thankjsgiving anyway; combine all my food into one mash up!