Sunday, April 30, 2006

One Hell of a Weekend

What happens when I drink some beer, wear heels, and get my heel caught on some weird jukebox cord? I fall down. Hard.

So how do I cure the embarassment and pain? A shot of whiskey and a shot of tequila. Then Manny and I proceed directly to the bar, see a shoegaze show, run into some MySpace friends, make a drunken ass of myself, go home early. I then sit on my bed and muse about how I can't feel my legs. Tell Manny some slurred sweetness about how I love him lots, and then I pass out.

The next day, I realize how utterly filty and disorganized the girls' room is, so I put on some Billie Holiday, grab some trash bags and some Clorox wipes, and transform this:

into this:

Later that evening, C-Rex and I go to the mall (thanks to Super Weird Choking/Eating Disorder, I lost 15 pounds and now need new pants). She talks me into sitting in one of those black leather massage chairs. It was interesting, but kind of painful and not very relaxing. I got some great new pants and black sandals. For dinner, Manny and I pigged out on the best fucking Greek food on the face of the planet whilst watching a fabulously campy and creepy seventies horror film. Then we "did it" and fell asleep.

This morning, we "did it" again, and then I made eggs in a basket for breakfast, drank some coffee, and watched While You Were Out on TLC. Then, Manny went to the gym, so C-Rex and I went to Plato's Closet. I ended up buying more books than clothes:

  • Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin

  • The Funny Thing Is... by Ellen DeGeneres

  • Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

  • I Can't Be Good All The Time by Anne Taintor

    After picking up Kitten, we grabbed a pizza and headed home. Ate some delicious pizza, put the kids to bed, and watched Family Guy whilst drinking wine with Manny. Now I'm going to enjoy my nightly bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and then go to sleep...

  • 2 comments:

    indygirl said...

    That's a well rounded weekend there friend. That's a bruise to be proud of!

    gigi said...

    it was not a graceful fall, let me tell you.

    also, in retrospect, perhaps the combination pizza, wine, and cereal was not a good idea. my stomach hurt all night long.