Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Winter of My Discontent

Today I am angry. Why am I angry? Because this country is becoming a giant, steaming shithouse, that's why. Citizens' rights are slipping away, and sadly, so many don't notice because they're too ignorantly distracted by Brangelina, American Idol, and whether or not Britney Spears is really going to leave Kevin Federline. Who gives a fuck? Honestly? Wake up, people! Yeah, ignorance may be bliss, but it won't make you a better person. Just because you don't pay attention to what's going on in the world around you doesn't mean it's not happening, and it also doesn't mean it may not eventually affect you. So go ahead and tune yourself out while the government takes away your freedom... don't worry, as long as you're pacified by watching Oprah, you may not even notice.

6 comments:

ads510 said...

is it wrong of me to be concerned about the state of the world AND about brangelina? i have room in my heart for both.

indygirl said...

SING IT!

gigi said...

sorry pals, i just had to vent.

it's okay, ADS, i watch Trading Spaces and What Not to Wear. but i am also aware of and concerned about everything else, too.

ads510 said...

aahh...what not to wear. I LOVE that show. I wish Clinton and Stacy would ambush me, but that would probably mean that I dressed really bad, so maybe I don't want that.

I ran into Doug Wilson from trading spaces (i think he's on a different show now) in new orleans a few years ago and he hit on me and my (now ex) boyfriend. tres weird.

the problem with this country is that ignorance is glorified and people are looked down upon for actually having a brain and using it. The smart kids get made fun of and dumbasses become president.

popfizz said...

word sista!

we are in a shitfuck of a situation.

gusgreeper said...

i fucking hate oprah. i hope ellen kicks her ass.
we elected (WELL NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) bush's twin...so ya fun.