Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm Listening to Robbie Williams

Yeah, that's right, I'm listening to Britpop. And just five minutes ago, I was listening to Joy Division. I'm going for sharply contrasting musical themes today.

I have to say a big thank-you to my dearest Manny... I came home from work yesterday to three delightful literary gifts: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I love having new books! The quickest way to Gigi's heart is through her brain, that's for certain. So thank you very much, Manny - you get kudos (HA!HA!).

I also ordered some new pants online today. Buying pants online is risky because I am tall and size is dependent on brand... but we'll see. I love online shopping.

Here's something I do not love: Scott McClellan. Every time I hear him speak on the radio or I read something he's said, I just want to kick him in the teeth. But I don't envy his job - I can't imagine it is very pleasant to try to represent such a horrifically crooked administration. Wait, did I just empathize with a government puppet? Oh, no, fuck that. He is bad.

Speaking of government and bad and online shopping, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new bumper sticker and my anti-Jesus-fish-fish.

5 comments:

indygirl said...

However, "WoOt" is understood in 12 non-English speaking countries.

ads510 said...

i saw a minivan with a whole school of jesus fish on the back the other day. it scared me.

"in cold blood" scared me as well. i read it when we lived out in the country and it made me have nightmares.

indygirl said...

It would be fun to put a school of Jesus-fish on the back of a van, only have one belly up and the rest circling it.

SFChick74 said...

I too enjoy Robbie Williams.

Nölff said...

That science rocket picture thingy rocks. I want one for my car. That's bomb diggity