Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Was Late to Work This Morning

Because Kitten couldn't stop playing with the earthworms in the parking lot of our apartment. It rained last night and they were crawling everywhere. She was delighted. "Here wormie! Come here, little wormie!" she called to them as she clapped her hands at them. She tried to touch one and recoiled in horror, as did the worm. "He's so cute!" she cried.

Then I felt really bad as we drove away, knowing that I was probably running over some of her new friends.

7 comments:

indygirl said...

Naw, you probably just made more of them by splitting them in half. Their arses grow heads ya know.

Nölff said...

worms are nutritious

ads510 said...

indygirl can always see the brightside!

gigi said...

indy, as a vegetarian, would you not eat a worm?

indygirl said...

No, not on purpose. I am however aware the likelihood of my worm ingestion is higher than most due to the increased consumption of vegetables.

The worm and I compete for food. But, they're cute so we have a love-hate relationship.

fatrobot said...

barbarian murderer

Timmy said...

yuck! sorry to hear about the cramps....though i do love that band!