Monday, February 27, 2006

I Had A Lovely Weekend

Friday night, Manny and I hung out at home. He wasn't feeling too great, but get a couple Guinness (Guinnei?) in him and he's good as new. We listened to good music and had sweet talks and watched Battlestar Galactica.

Saturday we had gyros from the Trojan Horse for lunch. Mmmm... "euro" meat. Then we watched Legends of the Fall, one of my all-time favorite movies. And not because of Brad Pitt, but just because it's a damn good film. Later that evening, Lori and I went to see Transamerica, which was wonderful. Then, on a whim, I got my nose pierced. Yep. I've been wanting to for a while, and it seemed that there was no better time to do it. It wasn't bad, really, just kind of weird. Then we went to drink the pain away, which was not the smartest idea. But it worked.

Woke up on Sunday feeling like there was a school of fish swimming in my stomach, so I threw up and felt much better. Manny had to go pick up C-Rex, so I had the house to myself. I turned on the Tori Amos and I painted - something I haven't for quite some time. It felt good. The rest of the day was relatively normal... picked up Kitten, visited my parents, had a great conversation with my dad about the two-week "internal cleansing" (read: "sweeping old shit out of the colon") program he's on.

Had a surprisingly easy Monday morning - atypical, really, because Mondays are usually insane. Got myself ready, got the girls ready, got us out of the house by 7:30. The three of us had great conversation in the car about what kind of houses we want when we "get bigger" and if a school bus is really orange or yellow. There was some cute dancing to Belle & Sebastian and then we had the drop-offs. C-Rex goes to a very Christian school (yo, not our choice), and this week is science fair week - lots of "God created the heavens and the earth" solar systems and dinosaur displays. I am finding this really ironic.

3 comments:

fatrobot said...

although i didn't read any of that i just thought i'd be first to post a response
stealing that glory from someone else

haha

ads510 said...

congrats on the nose piercing! I've always loved piercings because, unlike tattoos, you can just get rid of them if you don't like it in two years (i had my tongue pierced forever ago and finally took it out when I was having all of my law firm interviews...blah!)

indygirl said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of nose piercery.