Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Six Six Six

Useless information! Fun to share!

Six Things I've Done in the Past 24 Hours
  • Listened to the Smiths
  • Eaten a shrimp taco with mango salsa
  • Booked a swank hotel room for Saturday night
  • Sang "My Girl" to Kitten
  • Called a stranger about a house for rent
  • "Did it" with Manny

    Six Things I've Said in the Past 24 Hours
  • "What cow are you talking about?"
  • "Yeah, I'm using the magnetic lasso instead."
  • "Sweet rice. Refried beans."
  • "Dammit, I didn't want to tell you - I wanted it to be a surprise!"
  • "Is that Metrostyle Bold?"
  • "Happy Birthday anyway."

    Six Things I Plan to Accomplish in the Year 2006
  • Lose 20 pounds.
  • Get married.
  • Attempt to learn a foreign language. Russian or French.
  • Read lots of existential literature.
  • Hold the babies of my 3 friends that are currently pregnant.
  • Move into a house. No more apartments!

    Six Albums I Love
  • Massive Attack - Mezzanine
  • The Cure - Galore
  • Flogging Molly - Swagger
  • Tori Amos - Boys for Pele
  • OUTHUD - Let Us Never Speak of it Again
  • The Smiths- Singles

    Six Things I've Bought Recently
  • A pack of Juicy Fruit gum
  • Two books by Michel Foucault
  • Two black picture frames
  • Three delightful martinis
  • A pair of brown shoes
  • One week's worth of daycare

    Six Objects You See Around You
  • A box of Tic Tacs
  • A laminated photo of Iggy Pop
  • Three coffee mugs
  • A puffin magnet
  • A Black Knight doll with detachable limbs
  • A piece of paper with this poem on it:

    Shut Not Your Doors
    Shut not your doors to me proud libraries
    For that which was lacking on all your well-fill'd shelves,
    yet needed most, I bring,
    Forth from the war emerging, a book I have made,
    The words of my book nothing, the drift of it everything,
    A book separate, not link'd with the rest nor felt by the intellect,
    But you ye untold latencies will thrill to every page.
    -Walt Whitman
  • No comments: