Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's A Brand New Year!

Hell yes it is. You know it.

Finally, Manny and I have managed to have a good, low-drama New Year's Eve. We celebrated the end of 2005 and beginning of 2006 in a stranger's basement. Well, kind-of stranger. The plan was to venture to one of our couple friends' house and chill out with them. But then we went over to their friend's house and some of her friends showed up and some of their friends... it was one of those things. Be that as it may, we ended up hanging out with some great people.

(by the way, that's champagne in my plastic cup, not beer)

So it's New Year's Day and I'm just kind of thinking about what all this year could possibly have in store. There's a lot rattling around in my head about what might happen this year, but one thing seems to be certain... I think it's going to be a good year. 2005 was pretty fucking tumultuous... that's the best way to describe it. It ended up being okay, though, and I think it's a good lead into this new year.

Manny & I are looking to get hitched later in the year, sometime in October. We've been together now for 2 years... 2 years that seem like a decade. We've been through some crazy shit, but all in all, it's been worth it. He is what I have to look forward to every day. He makes me feel loved and respected and keeps me in check. With him, I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be me. I have fun even when we're doing nothing but sitting on the couch watching CSI (which is, um, often). Manny, you silly motherfucker, I love you more every day - thanks for putting up with and understanding me. You're the best.

We're also going to get out of this shithole apartment complex we've been living in since May... hopefully bound for a house. Apartment living is for the birds, man. My neighbors are trashy and obnoxious, my landlord is a retard, and there is an inexplicable hole in the ceiling of my closet. I want out.

I've also made my New Year's Resolutions. Here they are:

1. Stop biting my cuticles.
2. Start working out and get in shape.
3. Read and write more often.
4. Spend more time with my siblings.
5. Obtain a cello and start cello lessons.

And here is a New Year's Haiku.

a new year, fresh start
what the hell can happen now
hope it will be good

Happy New Year, gang.

4 comments:

indygirl said...

Don't forget about resolving to fix that pesky cleptomania habit.

Sonya said...

Congrats on your engagement Gigi. By the way, I was cruising through Bloomington the other day (January 1st, actually) after dropping off my friend Mimi and I saw some neat little houses on sale on 1st street just east of Walnut. Might want to check those out. ;)

fatrobot said...

and don't forget to stop cutting down the rainforest
i lost a watch in there and i'll never find it if you chop it all down

SFChick74 said...

I resolve to not have any resolutions this year.