Monday, January 30, 2006

Head Scans, Coffee, and Taxes

Oh my!

I drank way too much coffee this morning - I feel like my head is about to fly away from my body. I could run all over the office, but then I'd probably have a heart attack.

Got my taxes done this morning. Yay.

Manny is getting a CAT scan done on his head today. Yep. For his sinuses.

Here's what happened this weekend:
Friday, I made dinner (salmon, asparagus, and pasta) and we watched two movies - Still Crazy, with the adorable Bill Nighy (I'm willing to wager he's never been described as "adorable," but he is). Then we watched David Cronenberg's Dead Ringers, which was beautiful in the creepy way that Cronenberg has perfected. It also made me never, ever want to go to the gyno again. Ever.

Saturday, Manny and I enjoyed actually spending some time together... we had lunch at our favorite Greek restaurant and then did some Target shopping. Then his daughter came over to spend the rest of the weekend with us. She and I watched The Neverending Story, which I hadn't seen since about fourth grade. Later that night, I went out with Lori for some martinis... which sounds so pretentious, doesn't it? Yes, we had martinis, but they were half-price. So there.

Sunday, I did about six loads of laundry and finished reading Camus' The Stranger. Then I picked Kitten up from her dad's, brought a pizza home, and watched a show on MTV about kids with gay parents.

Vive la weekend!

2 comments:

indygirl said...

It sucks that they don't give you prints from CAT scans. I think I would enjoy seeing the inside of Manfred's head.

gigi said...

that makes two of us. i bet it's full of birds.