Thursday, January 26, 2006

Email Fun Time

I get lots of silly emails at work... most of them not intentionally silly. Allow me to share them with you. Keep in mind that most of these went out to all the employees...

  • "Valentine's Day is nearly upon us and my wife has, in her own little 'subtle' way, let me know that this is what she wants. I haven't been able to find one as of yet. I know that this is probably a long shot, but if anyone would happen to know of anyone who breeds Yorkshire Terriers to sale, please let me know."

  • "I don't know if everyone knows, but I left yesterday at 12 noon to head to the hospital for my father. He ended up having an emergency appendectomy, and during the course of the surgery, the doctor found a hernia the size of an orange, and also diverticulitis, which is an inflammation of the intestinal wall. The hernia had actually pulled part of his large intestine towards the right side of his body, and the large intestine walls had started to break down. Just coughing makes him scream in pain, so wish for a safe recovery."

  • "I'm sorry if most of you don't know that today is my last day. But, yes, it's true- I'm leaving this place. Now I'm off to start my country singing career in Nashville. Please wish me luck! I'll need it."

  • "Has anyone seen my hammer?"

  • " You are cordially invited to a Pampered Bride Kitchen Show. It's More Than A Bridal Shower --It's a Unigue Experience From the Pamered Chef!"

  • "I have some Chinese rice at my desk, which is up for grabs since I can't eat it. First come, first serve."

  • "If you or know somebody who would love a long weekend of drumming with London’s famous DrumJam “Somesh” , indoors and in the fugue of an old settlement, also experience my workshop of introduction into Ocean Therapy- An Inner intuitive healing journey, then this might be for you."

  • "Koorsen Fire Protection will be here today to perform routine maintenance on the building's sprinkler systems. This effort will not disrupt operations, but I am told it is possible that a mild gas-like odor may be detectable during certain phases of the process."
  • 4 comments:

    popfizz said...

    i was admin for our email server for a number of years.. my first week on the job i set it so that only a very very select few could email the entire company list.

    people still would fucking go one by one by one by one adding each and everyone in their "TO" list and get their dumbass mail that no one wanted to read out anyways.

    damn i hate people.

    SFChick74 said...

    Country singing career in Nashville also known as meth dealer.

    God, why am I so negative?

    ads510 said...

    watch out for that mild gas-like odor...don't blame it on the co-worker next to you.

    indygirl said...

    I thought I was the only one who practiced Ocean Therapy.