Friday, January 06, 2006

Day Off!

Whoo hooo! I've got the day off! After my crazy work week last week, I thought I was entitled to a little time to myself.

First things first - 9 AM - a chiro-massage at a local chiropractor's office. My friend D won this and gave it two me. A free 25-minute massage therapy session - yeah, I am not turning that away. It was, albeit brief, quite nice. I felt really good as I drove away, then went to Starbucks for a peppermint mocha (BTW, I will be so sad when the "winter" specials at Starbucks go away). Went home, chilled out for a bit.

Manny came home for lunch and we watched the incomparable Robert Stack host a 12-year-old episode of Unsolved Mysteries. That may be one of my favorite shows ever. I loved watching it when I was younger, but I had to have all the lights turned on or else I'd get really creeped out. Even now, just hearing the music and Robert Stack's voice gives me chills... I do not like being alone in the house when I watch it.

So here is a little Friday-day-off randomness for you:

  • Aquafresh toothpaste (the red/aqua/white striped kind) will always remind me of fourth grade, striped leggings, and my poodle-perm.
  • It's really funny to have the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" playing in your car and watching people walking down the street... somehow, it just works. For everyone.
  • Today, I taught myself how to play REM's "Nightswimming" on the keyboard in less than five minutes.
  • Honestly, I think Nicky is the better-looking of the Hilton sisters. And, obviously, she is smarter, too.
  • I love Canadian accents.

    I'm off to finish the rest of my day off. Next up: My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Go ahead and laugh. Chances are, you are at work, and I'm not.
  • 6 comments:

    SFChick74 said...

    Bee Gees! I'm totally downloading that album.

    I personally enjoy the New England accents.

    aughra said...

    enjoy your day off. Saying Nicky is the prettier sister is like saying Donnie is the cooler Osmond - faint praise.

    fatrobot said...

    bee gees are cool
    no doubt aboot that

    Nölff said...

    aboot, eh?

    popfizz said...

    you had me until you said something positive about canadian people.

    thankfully it was near the end and i dont think i missed much.

    indygirl said...

    Nice one, Canada-Lover.