Friday, January 13, 2006

C'mon Get Happy, Bitch

I am really trying to improve my mood today.

I couldn't wake up this morning. I have a giant zit on my forehead. I went to Starbucks and the peppermint mochas are finally gone. I got to work and had a thousand emails from people that annoy the fuck out of me. I had two very obnoxious voicemails from people who also emailed me. I deleted both of them. I slammed down the phone. I said very loudly, "I hate my job."

Which isn't true, I really like my job, but I hate some of the people I have to deal with.

I put on my headphones, listened to the Deftones for a little bit while I sulked in my cubicle. Then I felt a little better.

Lori and I are going to have lunch at this great little place that has - seriously - the best homemade tortilla chips and salsa. Ever. And I'm a connoiseur of chips and salsa. So this makes me feel a little better.

Also, as part of my "using music to regulate mood" regimen, I'm listening to this disgustingly girly and upbeat compilation I picked up for free when I once spent over $50 at a store in the mall. I can't listen to it at home because Manny would balk at some of the contents, like the Ashlee Simpson song - but I skip that one. No, really.

I feel a bit better now.

Here is some lovely artwork from my daughter. This piece is "Scary Bat." Enjoy.


5 comments:

Rudy Wellsand said...

Feeling a little better? Regulate mood? Have you ever tho't that there's something CONTROLLING us, that causes us to FEEL, SAY, and ACT the way we do? Is Destiny CONTROLLED by CODES?

You have DNA and RNA CODES in you, plus other CODES that switch things ON and OFF in your body, ALL to CONTROL you!

WHO PUT THE CODES INTO YOU?

Likewise, YOU CAN READ CODES RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE, that CONTROL your Destiny!

See the "Chosen"Code and "Color" Code; VISIT: http://quadcode.blogspot.com ! Save or Print it to study!

gigi said...

GAH! what the fuck??? i've been infiltrated by spammers! JESUS spammers!

ads510 said...

you're in the bloomington area, right? where are your fave chips and salsa? I too consider myself a connoiseur and must try them of course!

gigi said...

my god! of course! bobby's pub, off the corner of kirkwood and college, across the street from the downtown chase/bankone. there's also a bobby's too restaurant in showers plaza.

go. eat. love.

Sonya said...

hmmn, gotta try that next time i'm in town.

when are ya coming up to Indy again Gigi? you've got my number, right?